This is ideal for anyone looking to develop their communication skills and boost confidence in dealing with patients and staff.
Health care specific terminology and acronyms along with local colloquialisms will be taught alongside tackling cultural and ethical issues and developing consultation skills.
Sessions include a range of maths skills for the following setting and scenarios
- Identify maths topics seen or unseen in current employment; fluid balance, stock amounts, drug calculations
- Working with numbers, with and without calculators; mathematical fluency, estimations, reading graphs and charts and ratios
- Number systems; multiply and dividing, whole number calculations, using estimation to check answers
- Order of operations
- Measurements; length, capacity, mass and time
- Formulate; substituting or rearranging
- Fractions, decimals and percentage conversion