This is ideal for anyone looking to develop their communication skills and boost confidence in dealing with patients and staff.
Health care specific terminology and acronyms along with local colloquialisms will be taught alongside tackling cultural and ethical issues and developing consultation skills.
Sessions include a range of English skills for the following setting and scenarios
- Admitting patients; building rapport, gathering personal details and medical history, writing notes
- Admitting patients; discussing and writing care plans and dealing with deterioration of a patient’s condition
- Implementing care; handovers, everyday care, explaining procedures to patients and administering medicines
- Preparing for discharge; writing progress notes, discussing ongoing care, taking part in meetings
- Communicating at work; dealing with conflict situation, phone calls and attending ward meetings
- Marking the most out of your placement; working with your mentor and giving a presentation
- Vocabulary; using health related vocabulary